Starting in September of 2016, Photos (formerly iPhoto) will no longer work on the student and staff servers. The current iPhoto and Photos libraries will not be transfered during the Summer 2016 migration. It is recommended that any user that wishes to keep their photos do so using the following method via Google Photos Backup.
Using the **Go Menu**, navigate to your **Applications** folder and open **Google Photos Backup**.
After the program launches, sign in using your Summit Google credentials.
Next, you must select the backup source(s) you would like Google to upload to your Photos account. During this step, you must also choose a photo size and quality. The options are explained below:
● Regular cameras: Recommended for phones or pointandshoot cameras that are 16 megapixels (MP) or less.
● Uses: Good for typical printing and sharing.
● Size: Saves highquality photos and videos while reducing size.
● DSLR cameras: Recommended if you take photos with a DSLR camera and want to maintain the exact original quality.
● Uses: Recommended for printing large banners or to store original files.
● Size: Stores your photos and videos exactly as you captured them.
Once you have set everything up click **"Start Backup"** to begin uploading the photos.
##**IMPORTANT: DO NOT SHUTDOWN, LOGOUT OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER DURING THE UPLOAD PROCESS.**
Upload progress can be monitored via the Menu bar's **Google Photos Backup** icon as show below:
Verify that the photos have been uploaded by going to: [http://photos.google.com](http://photos.google.com)